Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday- 7 Quick Takes


1. Fulton Sheen's Miracle Baby

So, via the blogosphere, I was recently introduced to little James Fulton- the baby whose miracle cure has been officially submitted for the Beatification of Fulton Sheen.  How awesome is that? You can read the story firsthand at this link-   http://learningtobeanewlywed.blogspot.com/p/sheen.html

2. Resting Up for the Kick-Boxing Tournament

Wed night was a sad night. I laid awake for a long time, realizing that I had not felt Baby Joey's kicks that day.  (He normally has been kicking me 100+ times/day, so this was unusual.)  I feared we might have lost him already and I cried myself to sleep.  

On Thursday morning, however, I awoke to what felt like a kick-boxing tournament inside my abdomen- "Well, well.. Good morning Joey!"  Seems he was fine all along--just resting up for his tournament! =)

3. Fireworks

On Sunday, Matt, Elisa, Joey and I headed downtown for the annual Labor Day Fireworks display.  (Apparently it's one of the best fireworks in the country!) It was pouring down rain all evening, so we got a spot further away than usual, near our car.  Elisa oooh'd and aaah'd over the fireworks, but I think Joey slept through them all!  http://www.webn.com/pages/FWX.html

4. How Are We Doing?

Well, it's been a good week and busy week.  We went to the fireworks on Sunday, threw a big Labor Day party on Mon, rested on Tues, visited with a good friend of mine on Wed, played at the Children's Museum on Thursday, and are currently blogging on Friday! It's getting easier to talk about Baby Joey without bursting into tears, and we've been feeling so much love and support from everyone around us. (I'm 25 weeks this week-- the past month has absolutely flown by!) By the way, if you're new to our story... you can read about it in my first post here.. http://beforeiformedyou.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sad-news.html   

5. Saints-in-the-Making

One thing that has been such a beautiful and powerful  experience through all of this is running into so many people who have stories of carrying their own babies to term, and loving them no matter the diagnosis.  (I have just been realizing how many saints-in-the-making are all over the world-- babies and adults! Wow.)  Here are a few of the websites I've come across-- (Oh.. btw.. might want to get some tissues handy) 
Prenatal Partners for Life- tear-jerking video on the homepage, and side tab with beautiful stories of babies with about every prenatal disgnosis out there  http://www.prenatalpartnersforlife.org/
99 Balloons- beautiful video about a baby who lived just 99 days, and how his parents celebrated every day as a birthday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kde1c3JYS44  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd6kZ2uDNA
Baby Dominic- has encephalocele, and the most beautiful and loving family ever. Please pray for Baby Dominic... http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dominicgundrum  

6. Bittersweet Birthday- Sept. 10th

This coming Monday is my birthday-- (We'll just pretend I'm turning 26 this year, ok?!)  It's bitter to be turning more than a quarter of a century old (LOL...), but sweet to be sharing the day with my family and Baby Joey. =)  We'll also be going out to a nice dinner, thanks to Matt's boss.. yayyy!  Thanks Bill! =) 

Bittersweet Birthday Cont'd-- Amalya Nathaniel

On a more serious note, I found out that another baby diagnosed with anencephaly is scheduled to be born on Monday--  via C-Section.  The parents go to my same doctor, and have been beautiful in sharing their resources and love with us.  Please pray for their family and baby boy, Amalya Nathaniel.  (Amalya is a Hebrew word which means "work of the Lord," and Nathaniel means "given by God.")  Please pray for courage and strength for their family, and that they may have a beautiful time spent with their little boy, however long it may be.  The baby's grandmother started a blog about Amalya here- http://mariaelkins.com/index.php/quilts/surrender/ and made a quilt to capture the experience.  It is heartwrenchingly beautiful... what an artist.  Brings tears to my eyes every time I look at it.      

7. Correspondence Overload

Finally, we are so awed and amazed at the outpouring of love from family, friends, and even so many people we don't know!  I regret to say, however, that I'm about 20 phone calls and probably 50 e-mails behind in responding to all of you! Thanks for your patience.. =) and thank you all, for your love and prayers for our family. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment