Friday, August 31, 2012

Cuddle Therapy

My 15-month old still sleeps in our room.  To make a long story short... when Elisa was little, we owned or borrowed about every kind of baby-sleeping-contraption on the market, but Elisa would NOT sleep in them!  She physically wanted the ability to reach out and touch me, and then she was a great sleeper.  (Without me, she'd scream for hours and hours, and sleep 45 min at most.  Next to me, she'd fall asleep in 2 min, and sleep all night! Easy solution, right?!)  

Anyhow, with the news of baby #2 on the way, I decided it was time to wean her to her own room.  After days and days of screaming, throwing herself out of the crib, etc, I decided it was a disaster and gave up for a while again.  I was still concerned what we were going to do once Joey got here though.

Now, knowing the situation with Baby Joey, however, I cannot tell you what a joy it is having Elisa cuddle next to me! She is like another angel, from heaven, sent to comfort me here on Earth.  It was as if she KNEW, all along... ("Mom!!  Don't make me get tough with you.  You are going to NEED my hugs in the coming months!  I promised I'd take care of you, and I plan to!")

Elisa is the SWEETEST cuddler I could ever imagine.  She scoots over next to me, leans her cheek against mine, wraps one little arm tightly around my neck, and twirls a piece of my hair.  With her other hand, she also rubs my back, or sometimes my head.  And then she falls right to sleep!  In the morning she scoots back  over to me, looks right into my eyes with a big grin, and wiggles her way in for some more cuddle time.  It is unbelievably precious, and I just can't tell you what a gift it is!      

4 comments:

  1. Dear Matt and Marie. I know I speak for my wife Wenqi when I say our hearts go out to you! Reading through your blog reminds me of what we JUST went through. Our daughter, Lily Gianna (www.lilygianna.net) was diagnosed with anancephaly at Wenqi's 20th ultrasound. Wenqi gave birth on August 1st. Today is our 1 month anniversary of letting go of our little saint. I tell you, it is an incredible honor to have a personal saint in Heaven and with it comes all that you would expect, including graces and the cross. Bitter sorrow still remain but God's grace covers all. What an amazing God we have! We will keep you all in prayer. As to your cuddling comments, we have a 2 year old, almost 2 1/2 and she has been a little angel in our lives, you better believe it. For more on our story check out www.lilygianna.net. Feel free to email us as well as we would be more than honored to continue to share with you our story and listen and pray through yours. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Craig and Wenqi,
      Thank you so much. =) I actually did see your webpage already, and it is beautiful- (I believe my friend Anne Marie sent me your link?) Thank you for your prayers and your kind words. We feel immensely blessed by so many wonderful people reaching out to us. (As you probably also experienced), it is very powerful and faith-inspiring.
      God bless you all,
      Marie & Matt

      Delete
  2. Marie, oh my goodness! The SWEETEST thing I have ever heard! Love it! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that she is helping you through this. She is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete