Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alive and Kicking =)

Week 24- Baby Joey is definitely making himself known! Wow.  He is kicking more than I ever remember with my first- and kicking HARD too!  I'd say, I feel him dozens of times/day or more!  If I lie down to rest, I feel him most- thump, thump, thump.  Daddy says hi to him, and Elisa blows him raspberries.. (Really; it's so cute!!)

In addition to making himself know, he is also showing a bit of feisty little personality. =)  Last Friday, I was visiting my sister (who has 10-week old twins) and holding her little baby boy. It was wonderful to cuddle with him, and he fell sound asleep in my arms for a good hour, I think.  During this time, Baby Joseph must've caught wind that I was holding another baby, and he started the most ferocious kicking yet!  He was kicking, and kicking, and kicking.. so hard I could visibly see my stomach rise and fall where he kicked!

(Apparently, my sister has heard, that a baby can sense when his mama is holding another baby and gets jealous!  If that's the case, then Baby Joey is very protective of his own mommy, because it sure seemed like he was trying to kick my little nephew right off the couch!)      

5 comments:

  1. Maria this is a beautiful way to capture the time you have and be able to go back and see all of His Grace which I know you are already feeling. Know that we are praying for you and all of your intentions that you mentioned in the previous post. I also want to thank you for sharing, because it makes me realize how grateful I should be and sometimes I forget that so thank you. I am offering up all of our craziness here with all of Nicholas' appointments and anytime that I start to get stress, I am going to use that as an opportunity (God-willing He will remind me) to pray for your family. I love you sister! Know you are never far from my heart and always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,

    Just wanted to send my prayers and a few words that came to me today. I was just telling Letty this morning that a parishioner here at St. Mary Cathedral in Lansing has a grandson with Anencephaly. He is I think 3 yrs old now. What a blessing he has been to his family! What a miracle!

    Who knows what God has planned right now. Perhaps it is simply for you to be a testament of faith to me! I often struggle with what God has planned for me. But your faith is amazing! You and Matt have God at the very center of your marriage and family and your words make this very clear. I sometimes forget that we have a multitude of Saints and Our Blessed Mother who await our call to intercede for us! At times I feel like I can do everything by myself.

    In thinking of our Mother Mary, I just now had a vision of her holding your little Joseph! She loves him very much! Continue to know that while you are now able to hold Joseph close to your heart, he has always been and will forever be even closer to God’s heart. Closer than a kiss, closer than a breath of air, closer than a heartbeat does God hold Joseph. And if you are not able to hold him in your arms for but a short time, Mother Mary awaits to carry him home to be with all of the other children in heaven, my baby brother Juanito included!

    We are a Resurrection people! With death comes new life! Perhaps this is simply death to our selfishness or to our want to control our life’s plans. New life comes when we let go of ourselves and allow God to work. That is clearly what you and Matt have done. Reading your story has been a reminder to me to do the same. Thank you!

    Many prayers are being sent your way, via a short trip from Michigan! Big hugs and kisses to you, Matt, Elisa, and little Joseph! We love you all so much :*

    Margie Villarreal-Krawczyk (and Raymond!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie,
      Thank you for your beautiful words and encouragement! =) It is so wonderful to know you and all of your family. Little Juanito will be in our prayers as well. Thank you for all the prayers from Michigan! Hugs and kisses back to you. =)

      Delete
  3. Marie--

    I am praying for you and loving you from afar during this time. May God bless your family. You are being so brave and strong. Thinking of you.

    Love and hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!! Hugs to you and your family, as well. =)

      Delete