Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

We have so, so, much to be thankful for.  Maybe it's easier to realize it because we've just had a deep loss,  I don't know.  What I do know is that I feel so incredibly thankful for the little things this year, which now seem huge... life, freedom, good health, two arms and two legs, sunshine, fresh air, Elisa's laughter, big hugs from Matt, the smell of campfires burning, crunching the fall leaves underfoot, dear friendships... I could go on.

We're also incredibly thankful for all of YOU-- you, who have journeyed with us, grieved with us, celebrated with us, and recognized the precious life of our little baby Joey.  We are more grateful that words can express.  To those of you who contributed to Joey's grave marker, we are soooo grateful, and we're almost there!  We want to thank every one of you personally, and we are in the process of writing your thank-you cards... very slowly, but surely. =)   .

Finally, on this eve of Thanksgiving in America, I especially want to say, thank you, God, for all the wonderful things you have put into my life! Thank you for my family, friends, health, the natural world and all its beauty, and especially life itself! Thank you for sending us baby Joey to help us remember what's important.  And, especially, thank you for the Eucharist, and for sending your own Son to die for me.

To baby Joey- "Happy one month birthday, on Friday!" We love you and miss you dearly!          

No comments:

Post a Comment